Registration for this course will NOT be done on the NILEA website, follow the link to register.
Microsoft Excel® for Public Safety™ is designed to help public safety personnel best utilize Microsoft Excel® to successfully manage law enforcement specific data. Whether it is case specific data (e.g. telephone tolls, financials) or agency-wide data (e.g. arrest stats, fugitive lists, calls for service), it can be analyzed with just a few clicks using this powerful tool!
This course is intended for law enforcement personnel, which includes: any sworn officer, support staff, administrative personnel, Supervisors and Management. Attendees need only a basic understanding of computers and Excel®. No technical or analytical background is required.
- Uses in Law Enforcement - Telephone tolls; Financial analyses; Agency stats
- Navigation & Manipulation - Rows, columns, cells, ranges, worksheets
- Tools - Autofill, conditional formatting
- Simple formulas - Sum, Average, Median, Mode, Crime Rate and more
- Complex formulas - Date conversion to days of week, months of year
- Concatenating - Combining data stored separately
- Parsing - Separating data using Text to Columns
- Best Charting practices - Bar, columnar, and pie chart usage; proper use of data labels, legends, gridlines etc.
- Why you should never chart in 3-D
- Importing/Exporting - Linking data between products
- Data Validation - Creating pull-down lists to give forced options
- The three analytical tools you must know - Sorting, filtering, & the magic of Pivot Tables
This is a HANDS-ON class, bring your with your current version of the program already installed.