Course Information Course ID: 17-006
Course Start: 9/19/2017
Course End: 9/22/2017
Course Time: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Course Days: TWHF
Course Hours: 32.00
705 East 4th Street
Hobart, IN 46342
Pricing Information Member Tuition: 499.00
Non Member Tuition: 499.00
Class Participant Information Class Maximum Size: 0
Registration will be done at ProTrain. Class size is limited to 12 officers. DO NOT TRY TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE THROUGH NILEA.
Initial Instructor Certification is a 4 day course at $499, September 19-22, while Instructor Re-certification is September 21-22 and is $299, payable directly to Pro Train Inc.
If you are expected to pull cars over, then you should also be expected to do so using tactically sound, safe, and proven methods. Strategies and Tactics of Patrol Stops (STOPS) is designed to do just that. Using principles proven and instructed at many State Law Enforcement academies, the STOPS program will give your patrol officers the tactics and know-how needed to safely conduct vehicle stops, reduce department liability and officer complaints, and teach necessary survival from both vehicular and felonious assaults.
The goal of the training program is to instruct sworn law enforcement offices in the following:
- Assessment of risks and threat cues by drivers and passengers
- Safe positioning of police and violator vehicles
- Safe methods for approaching vehicles and making contact with driver/passenger
- How to stop and approach vehicles other than passenger cars
- Case law regarding vehicle stops
- Safe methods for conducting "felony" or high-risk stops
- Procedures and law regarding vehicle searches and how to safely conduct them
- How to avoid citizen complaints and conflict with violators
- Risk factors that must be considered during a vehicle pursuit, which often begins with a traffic stop
Much of this class is "hands on" in active scenarios and practical demonstrations.