TO REGISTER CLICK HERE.
Who should attend: Anyone who may perform background investigations or the decision maker who decides employment opportunities. This may include Human Resources, department heads, background investigators, or supervisors.
Participants will leave with the skills and knowledge of the importance of not only recruiting but also retention of quality personnel. It is just as important to keep the best people as it is to hire quality personnel. An organizational assessment should be the first step in the process and the need to break the cycle of mediocrity.
Background investigators will leave with the knowledge of their role in the selection process, the legal aspects of the background investigation, background interview sources of information and preparing the investigation report. Background investigations affect the future of an organization in many ways, thus selection practices are vital to ensuring that future law enforcement employees and supervisors are suited for the variety of duties expected from the populations they serve. This course will provide techniques, procedures and sample forms for the background investigator.
• The importance of a recruiting plan
• Assessment of you organization
• What type of employees do you want • Marketing and selling your organization • Best practices for background investigations • Professional standards model for backgrounds • Why background investigations are necessary • Sources of information/Investigative techniques • On-line data bases/social networking sites • Web sites and additional sources of information • Polygraph questions/usage
• Psychological & behavioral testing
• Candidate interview techniques
• Reference interview techniques
FEE $275.00 ( $250.00 IF 3 OR MORE FROM THE SAME AGENCY)