To register for this course please click HERE
What is the Basic Police Leadership Course (BPL)?
Quality Supervisory Training…In Just One Week The transition from line officer to supervisor can be one of the most difficult challenges any law enforcement leader will face. This course will provide the skills necessary to effectively begin your leadership career with confidence and exceed the demands of the new direct leader in any law enforcement agency.
Who Should Attend? Newly promoted and soon-to-be promoted sworn and non-sworn members of the law enforcement community. Current supervisors and other organizational leaders can benefit from this educational experience as well.
Topics to be covered include:
• Leadership 101: Principles Learned from the United States Army
• Leadership Styles and Communication
• Employee Coaching
• Sexual Harassment: Prevention and the Law
• Ethical Leadership and Diversity
• Case Law Update and Supervisory Negligence